White Cane Safety Awareness Day
2016 White Cane Safety Awareness Day Celebration at Minnesota State Academy for the Blind.
Minnesota State Academy for the Blind
150 Years Strong
Help us Celebrate our Anniversary!
What: White Cane Day
When: Wednesday, October 12th, 2016
- 9:00-11:00 Hands-on learning opportunities for guests and students:
- Braille History - and Hellen Keller Scarf
- Piano tuning
- Beep Baseball - Minnesota Millers - Steve Guerra
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch at MSAB (bring your own bag lunch). A celebration cake will be provided!
White Cane Safety Awareness Walk
- 12:30 Begin gathering at Dow Memorial
- 1:00 Welcome at Dow Memorial, MSAB. Reading of Governor's Proclamation and White Cane Law
- 1:30 White Cane Day walk to Buckham Memorial Library
Participation is free but registration is required. Deadline to register is October 7th, 2016. Come join us as we show Minnesota how we travel with our white canes and dog guides! Hope to see you there!
Call Main office 1-800-657-3634
The Faribault Lions Club White Cane Drive FUND-RAISER will be at Fareway Foods and Hy-Vee Food Store Friday October 14 and Saturday October 15.
Also this fall… 150th Celebration continues
Fall Music Program
November 17 & 18
“Weaving Our Past into Our Future”
November 17, 1pm
November 18, 10:30am
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Southeastern Minnesota Arts Council thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts & cultural heritage fund.
Thank you also to the MSAB Foundation for supporting this project! Questions? Contact the MSAB office at 800-657-3634 or 507-384-6700