Parents/Guardian of prospective MSAB student will receive a packet of information which includes the Policy/Procedure for Enrollment, school and program specific information and a "Notice of Procedural Safeguards - Parental Rights for Special Education [PDF]" brochure. Additional information and contacts with the Academy may include the following:
A) A visit to the Academy (and Local Education Agency (LEA) if desired)
B) Information and Brochures shared with family and LEA
C) Visit from Academy representative to share information/answer questions.
*When parents and/or LEA determine it is appropriate to pursue placement at the Academy, contact is made with the main office. In order for the Academy to learn about the prospective student, the following materials must be received prior to the IEP meeting considering placement at the academy:
From the Family:
- A copy of “release of information” form,
- Prospective Student information form
- Family Interview Form
- Health Forms
From the School District:
- Student's most recent IEP, IFSP or IIIP, including progress reports
- Student's most recent 3 year evaluation
- Eye specialist report and audiogram (if appropriate)
- Health records
- Evidence of Special Education Eligibility
- Transcripts and report cards
- Results of Minnesota Comprehensive Tests or Basic Standards Tests
- Other information which will help the Academy become familiar with the student
*Upon receipt of the information, the LEA is informed. An IEP meeting is scheduled by the LEA to consider placement at the Academy.
If you have other questions or concerns about the application procedure, please visit our web email page to send a message or inquiry to Linda Needham.